Call For Applications
SOCIAL WELFARE ASSISTANT CERTIFICATE COURSE
The Institute of Social Work wishes to announce Open Scholarship to Public, Parents, Guardians, and Prospective students who wish to pursue a Certificate in Social Welfare Assistance at Kisangara Social Welfare Institute located in Mwanga-Kilimanjaro. Studies will commence in the beginning of July, 2012.
This program is designed to prepare people to work specifically within Tanzania's Social Welfare system as a Social Welfare Assistant and targeted at those who have completed the Para-social Workers Training Program. The Interested Candidates should have fulfilled the following qualities before applying for a scholarship:
1. A candidate should be a Tanzanian citizen
2. A candidate must not be over 40 years old by the time he/she submits scholarship application
3. A candidate must have successfully completed (Para-social Workers Training 1) PSW I and Para-social Workers Training II (PSW II).
4. A candidate must have not less than 5 passes accumulated in Cerficate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) or equivalent
5. A candidate must be employed by the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare (MoHSW) but not at District Level. Either, he or she must not be an employee of any local or international Non-Governmental Organization.
6. If a candidate is fresh from school, he/she must sign a contract prepared by the Institute of Social Work to indicate that he/she is ready and committed to be employed by Local Government Authorities to work as a Social Welfare Assistant under the guidance of the MoHSW after he/she finishes her/his studies.
7. Sponsored candidates shall sign an agreement to be ready to go and work at Ward/Village level for at least 3 years or return all the Training cost covered for her/his studies to the Institute of Social Work after finishing his/her studies.
A detailed application letter explaining reasons for applying the scholarship and Curriculum Vitae will be required. A letter should not exceed 500 words or one page, A4 paper, Font size 12, New Times Romans.
Completed applications documents and any other accompanying documents must be submitted to the Principal, Institute of Social Work, P O Box 3375, Kijitonyama, Dar es Salaam by 30th May 2012.
The application form can be collected from the Institute of Social work or downloaded from here.
The application fee is 40,000 Tsh direct payable to the Institute account, CRDB Bank at account number 01J1013365500.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.