ISW student's Admission Regulations
- Application forms may be downloaded from the above website and applications may be made after paying a prescribed application fee which should be deposited at CRDB Account Number 01J1013365500.
- Application forms together with CRDB Pay-in Slip should be sent to the Principal, or applications can be done online at: http:// isw.ac.tz/admission requlations/ Application for admissions are made between January and May of each academic year.
- Applications can only be considered, if the Institute receives satisfactory evidence that the candidate will be adequately sponsored during his/her duration of study at the Institute.
- New students are admitted in September of every academic year.
- Students are required to pay the prescribed academic year fee in full at the beginning of each semester. Fees once paid are not refundable.
- No student shall be allowed to postpone studies after effective commencement of the semester except under special circumstances. Permission to postpone studies will be considered after producing satisfactory evidence of the reasons for postponement and written approval from the sponsor. Special circumstances shall include: medical grounds, sponsorship problems, or serious individual/family problems (each case to be considered on its own merit).
- A student who postpones studies under rule 3.2.6 of these regulations shall be required to pay 250,000/- for resuming studies. The said amount shall be paid on application for postponement by filling in Form A (Appendix D) to these regulations.
- Postponement of studies is for one academic year only and shall be accepted after the candidate has been registered, and paid 250,000/-. The payment shall serve as guarantee for readmission but shall neither be refunded nor carried forward when the student is readmitted. The said amount shall be paid on application for postponement by filling in Form A (Appendix D) to these regulations.
- The deadline for registration of first year students shall be one week after the orientation week. For continuing students, the registration duration shall be one week after the beginning of the semester.
- No student shall be allowed to swap from evening to regular session and vice-versa or from one stream to another.
- No change of student’s particulars shall be entertained during the course of study at the Institute. Students are required to use names appearing on their original academic certificates.
- A candidate who has previously attended any higher learning institution in Tanzania which conducts training under competence-based education and was discontinued on academic grounds shall not be re-admitted at the same level to the Institute.
- Any discovery of cheating during admission process shall nullify the admission of the respective student.
- NOTE: Students seeking admission to the Institute as transfer cases from any NACTE accredited higher learning institution may transfer their credits only after getting approval from the Board of Governors of the Institute of Social Work.