The Institute of Social Work (ISW) is one of the higher learning institutions in Tanzania. The Institute was established by the Institute of Social Work Act No. 26 of 1973 as amended by the Miscellaneous Act No.13 of 2002, herein referred to as the Act. The Institute was established to prepare qualified human resource for strengthening the social service delivery structure in Tanzania.
Admission requirements and registration documents
During registration every student must produce the following documents:
- Joining instructions letter
- A dully filled in acceptance form to abide by the institute's rules and regulations
- A dully filled in medical examination form
- All the original receipts/pay-in slips of the money paid to the institute through the bank
- Original certificates, academic transcripts and provisional statements of results
- Birth certificate/affidavit and three (3) passport size photographs
Collaborations with ISW
The local and international partnerships benefit the Institute in terms of expanding its.
Some of those partnerships with ISW are:-
- Jane Addams College of Social Work (JACSW)
- Institute of Development Studies